Engineer/Bridge Inspection Team Leader – Phillipsburg, NJ and Lemoyne, PA
Senior level position for an individual with extensive experience in inspecting bridges and similar structures using engineering skills to determine structural soundness and compliance with NBIS, and other local, state and federal regulations.
– Responsible to plan inspections and lead inspection teams.
– Inspect bridges as required for structural integrity, general safety and continued conformance to specifications and codes.
– Provide training to Bridge Inspectors and Junior Bridge Inspectors.
– Prepare recommendations for maintenance and repairs to bridges.
– Review and interpret construction plans and blueprints for use in bridge inspections.
– Prepare inspection reports completely for final review by Project Manager.
– Perform Load Ratings to determine Safe Load Capacity and Posting Level for structures inspected utilizing the Load and Resistance Factor (LRFD), Load Factor (LFD), and Allowable Stress (ASD) Design Methodologies.- Use inspection equipment, including but not limited to; metering devices, tape measures, calipers, ladders, cameras, probing rods, etc.
– If qualified, function as diver or a tender in performing underwater inspection of appropriate areas of the structures.
-Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
– EIT certification (or ability to obtain such) preferred
– A desire to work both outside (during all types of weather) and in the office (preparing reports).
– The ability to navigate in and around bridge structures and may require climbing, wading in the waterways, working from a boat, and working in and around traffic.
– Willingness to travel within PA, NJ and DE.
– Ability to work in a team environment to reach mutual goals.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
– Experience with MicroStation and AutoCAD software is a plus
– Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
Please submit your resume to us using our easy online form. Please don’t forget to state which position your are applying for.
Don’t see a job posting in your area of expertise?
We are still interested in hearing from you and would greatly appreciate you taking the time to submit your resume to us using our easy online form. Please don’t forget to state your area of interest within our company.